Town of Tonawanda to host toy drive
BY: Community Papers of WNY Staff | November 17, 2012
The Town of Tonawanda Youth, Parks and Recreation Department announced that they have placed the 2012 Christmas Toy collection barrels throughout the Town of Tonawanda.
“We are working very closely with the local churches, schools and the business community to help make this collection successful,” said Dan Crangle, councilman and chairman of the youth, parks and recreation committee.
However, to make this project a real success, we need the support of the community to bring new, unwrapped toys to one of our drop off locations.
Toys will be collected up until Dec. 10.
Drop off locations are as follows:
• Municipal Building, 2919 Delaware Ave., 877-8800.
• Town Police Station, 1835 Sheridan, 876-5300.
Village of Kenmore
• Village of Kenmore Police, 2395 Elmwood Ave.,
• Village of Kenmore DPW, Elmwood and Mang
• Paddock Chevrolet Golf Dome
• Highway Department, 450Woodward Ave.
• Water Treatment Plant, 218 Aqua Lane.
• Wastewater and Sewer Maintenance, 525 Belmont Ave.
• Building Department, 525 Belmont Ave.
• Tonawanda Community F.C.U, 257 Highland Ave.
• Tonawanda Community F.C.U. 315 Delaware Ave.
• Brighton Arena
• Lincoln Arena
• Youth, Parks and Recreation Office, 299 Decatur Road.
• Aquatic and Fitness Center, One Pool Drive.
• Philip Sheridan School, Elmwood Ave., Kenmore.
• Dollar General, 3170 Delaware Ave., Kenmore.
“Through the generous support of the residents of the Ken-Ton community and the employees throughout the Town of Tonawanda and Village of Kenmore, we were able to make Christmas morning very special for many boys and girls last year and we are hoping to increase those numbers this year,” said Crangle.