HEAP outreaches scheduled in Boston, Brant
BY: The Sun Staff | February 11, 2013
Erie County Legislator John J. Mills said Home Energy Assistance Program Outreaches have been scheduled in his district. Interviews will begin at 9 a.m. and continue until 4 p.m. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. All applicants will be interviewed.
The following outreaches have been scheduled:
• Thursday, Feb. 14 at Boston Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road, Boston.
• Thursday, Feb. 21 at Brant Town Hall, 1272 Brant-North Collins Road, Brant.
HEAP is a federally funded program to assist income eligible Erie County residents with the costs of home heating, electricity, and energy conservation. The HEAP outreach will be administered by the Erie County Departments of Social Services and Senior Services and is open to all income eligible households.
“HEAP outreaches provide eligible recipients with individual attention to help with the process. Anyone who has questions is encouraged to attend to ensure they meet the requirements for receiving HEAP benefits,” said Legislator Mills.
Applicants must bring the following documentation to the outreach:
1) Proof of gross income received within the last 30 days for all household members a) Wages: If paid weekly, last four (4) paystubs b) Wages: If paid bi-weekly, last two (2) paystubs c) Award letters, if applicable (Social Security, Pension, Unemployment, Workers Comp, Disability, etc. d) Yearly statement of interest received (savings, checking, CDs, money market account, etc. e) Dividend proof (stocks, bonds securities, etc.)
2) Social Security numbers for all household members
3) One (1) form of ID for all household members (birth certificate or Social Security card or driver’s license or school ID, etc.)
4) Proof of residency (Rent receipt, mortgage statement, utility bill)
5) Current heat and/or electric bill.
For questions or additional information, please call the HEAP Hotline at 858-7644 or HEAP Application Request Line at 858-1969.
The HEAP 2012-2013 income guidelines are as follows:
Household Size Gross Monthly Income
1 $ 0 - 2,138
2 $ 0 - 2,796
3 $ 0 - 3,453
4 $ 0 - 4,111
5 $ 0 - 4,769
6 $ 0 - 5,427
7 $ 0 - 5,550
8 $ 0 - 5,673
9 $ 0 - 5,797
10 $ 0 - 5,920
11 $ 0 - 6,346
11 + + $495 per each household member
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as HEAP benefits are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible households can receive one regular HEAP benefit per season, but may also be eligible for an emergency HEAP benefit if they are in danger of running out of fuel or having their utility service shut off. Applications for emergency HEAP benefits are currently being accepted.
To request a HEAP application, please contact Legislator Mills at 858-8850 or e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.erie.gov/socialservices.